Dysfunctional dishwasher neff s51e50x1gb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our neff dw (about 4 years old) performed fine yesterday but this morning when I turned it on the brush symbol (button 7) was flashing and the machine would not start. I tried to reset and alter the programme but this did not stop the flashing light. I turned the machine off and left it a couple of hours but this made no difference on my return.
After pressing buttons I did manage to get the machine to finally light up its "end" button and bleep for the cycle finish. I then turned it off and on again to try and restart from scratch but to no avail and the flashing light just returned.
I have cleaned the filters, spray arms and checked the pump impeller at the bottom. Eventually I got the machine to start but it seemed to begin on a rinse cycle with cold water only. After a while the machine went silent so I opened the door and once again the brush was flashing so I shut the door. The machine stirred into life and I left it to carry on. About 15-20 mins later, the machine was silent, still cold water so I shut the door and the machine began again. This cycle repeated two or three times, the last time I opened the door however it was warm and hot water had entered the machine. The same sequence has occurred several times now - silence, open door, shut door, more activity then silence with the brush flashing light on. It's as if the programmes and sequence have become "confused". The machine doesn't now seem to drain or enter a drying phase.

Any ideas on what can be happening or how to resolve?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Holding the Start button down for about 10 seconds should perform a Reset but that won't help if there's a fault of course.

Have you taken the drain hose off at the sink end and checked that for blockages, (there may be a filter in the screw connector) and also checked that water can flow freely through the pipework to the drain?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back