Dyson cordless V6 flashing battery light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I went to use my mum's Dyson the other day.

I pressed the boost button and after a few seconds the vac cut out and the blue LED flashed 10 times.

Today, even though it was on charge overnight, now it only runs for about 5 seconds and then the LED flashes again.

A few days ago it seemed to be fine.

I stripped it down and cleaned all of the cyclones.

I did recently move the docking station. Whilst doing so, I noticed that the charger flex hadn't been run behind the docking station. Using a pair of pliers, I pulled the charging lead out (by the pin).

Initially, I wondered if I might have damaged the pin but when you put the vac in the docking station the solid blue light shows until the charger is turned off. I tested the charging pin, it shows 28v.

Would the blue LED light up if the charger was faulty?

In the event that the charger is OK, I will order a new battery.

Sponsored Links
I had this with mine; battery had a defective cell. Replaced it with a cheapo no name battery but if it was our main vacuum cleaner would have ponied up for a genuine one

I've heard a suggestion that setting the switch to the boost position, whilst placing in the docking charger, increases the level of charge in the battery, so it runs for longer in boost.

Sponsored Links
The battery only lasts about 5-6 mins on max mode when new.
I reckon your battery (over time) is not strong enough to last long enough on max mode.
Lights usually flash red on a battery fault.
Does it last only 10 second in normal mode? If yes, then it needs a new battery pack.
The blue light should light up when on charge. If it does not light up then your charger might be malfunctioning.
I hope this helps.

The battery only lasts about 5-6 mins on max mode when new.
I reckon your battery (over time) is not strong enough to last long enough on max mode.
Lights usually flash red on a battery fault.
Does it last only 10 second in normal mode? If yes, then it needs a new battery pack.
The blue light should light up when on charge. If it does not light up then your charger might be malfunctioning.
I hope this helps.

Thanks.

I blue light is visible. At the moment it will run for about 2 seconds.

I have ordered a new battery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back