Erbauer battery charger problem?

It was bought privately and when plugged in the green light came on. It was when I put the battery in that it blew. The seller would not have known if it was ‘faulty’ otherwise if he’d used it it would have done the same ‍♂️.. I’m guessing it had something to do with my supply .. especially since the exact same thing happened to my own charger that I’d had and used for years.
there is a possibility he replaced the fuse and decided to pass the problem on as working rather than try another battery and blow the fuse then list as spares and repairs
my moral compass says up play the full known problems and be honest rather than la la la la la --- oooo i didnt know that sorry it worked when i sent it

Sponsored Links
The supply could not cause those problems to two different chargers. they make the front end universal, 90V-270V in, and 13/19 volts out dependant upon whether is is for "12V" or "18/20V" batteries. To pass the safety regs the out volts are totally separated from the in volts. Like big-all says the chances are the seller of that second hand unit had a strong suspicion it would not survive the fuse change.

One of the bosses at a previous company had a high voltage metal package transistor burn a hole in the side of the metal lid when a 2000V 1amp supply failed!
He kept the burnt transistor as a momento.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back