Erbauer 18V LI-ION Battery not charging

Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica
Hi I have had my Erbauer kit (Power drill, lamp, Trimmer, etc) for about 1 year, and suddenly one of the batteries is not charging. It simply blinks as if ready to be charged but it is not charging once i put it in the (original)charger. it doesn't heat up or anything... it does not do much. Any ideas?

Costa Rica

Sponsored Links
I have had the same with camera batteries, where one battery has refused to charge, where others seem OK and have put to one side then tried again a few weeks latter and it has charged.

There are all sorts of safety features in the battery and charger to stop them going on fire etc, and it is not safe to try any DIY fixes.

Check terminals are not dirty or bent in. Bent in is a common problem so don't make contact. 3 points need to contact on many.
Place on charger and leave for a few hours.
Then pull out and back on.
Sometimes leaving on for hours gets them going.
The protection circuit has shut off battery. Leaving on it can change battery mind. Just lithium batteries

Sponsored Links
lithium batteries can be funny things when new the protection is well synchronized between battery and charger protection circuits but as they age they can sometimes "fail" at the margins as one off the protections isn't happy
had this happen with now very old bosch 10,8 now called 12v and older ryobi li ion 18v and a period off trying several times or a different charger or location has ment only one failure off perhaps seven wont charge occasions out off perhaps 20 plus batteries so dont give up try everything but after 14 years the older 2.4ah batteries though still working are down to perhaps 20% capacity so ok for radio or lights but not powertools
what i am saying failure tends to come with age just before its terminal ;)

as an aside i had a 4ah ryobi with one bar playing up today no colder than plus ten overnight on charge for an hour but not charging placed on an older charger red light not on but 1 bar flashing on the battery ---not charging after 15 mins back to new charger still no good
so tried another trick insert battery and remove after a second a coulple off times but only enough to break the circuit say 5mm then instant reinsertion so it flashes now it flashes as normal so fully charges so was it coincidence or a miracle who knows but its worked more than once but Havant got a clue if the same battery as probably last used this method a year ago

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back