18V dewalt batteries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Over the years have built up a collection of Dewalt 18V tool for DIY use.
Have got some NI-CAD batteries but they don't hold there charge very
long, So looking at getting a couple replacements.

Can anyone recommend what type to go for, Ni-Cad, Ni-Mh or Li-Ion

I am tempted to get the Li-Ion and a new charger, But are they
worth the extra cost.

Sponsored Links
yep defo the li-ion batteries,apparently these do not have a memory in them,so use and charge.and they arnt as heavy.

definatly go for li-on the batteries are physicaly about 15% smaller they dont have memmory effect and all new dewalt tools have a slightly smaller battery covers on the tools to accept the new compact batterys
all the batterys still fit all tools

you can also part charge a lion at any stage they will 75% charge in about 20 mins

nmh batteries require a yellow charger so if you have a black charger you will need a new one anyway;)

Sponsored Links
I didn't think the new batteries (Lithium) fitted the older drills ect,
also the 12v and 18v chargers are different So i'd check before buying.
ITS tools on internet are good value.

By the time you've bought Li-Ion batteries and a charger you may as well buy a complete new kit, it'll be almost the same price or possibly cheaper if you shop around a bit

By the time you've bought Li-Ion batteries and a charger you may as well buy a complete new kit, it'll be almost the same price or possibly cheaper if you shop around a bit

thats exactly what i would do although you can get 2ah batts for £76
but that would make 2 batts and charger about the same as a kit

Thanks again guys

Can get a drill kit for £229 (drill 2 batts and charger) or I can get
the batts and a charger for £185 ish

So think I will be going for the drill kit.

Maybe Santa will get me one ;)

used to rate it highly big all, but now i would put it at the lower end of the trade scale. the build quality isnt there anymore. Ive had an impact driver literally disintergrate on me and a collated screwdriver break as well. Previous to that there kit was very good. My dw708 sliding saw is 6 years old and is great, but the newer stuff they make just isnt built with the same quality anymore.

Id therefore rate it as good diy to light trade..... :LOL:

i have a 742 flip saw and a 712 slider they get a good hammering as you would expect for a bench joiner :LOL: :LOL:

i also have 18v angle drill angle grinder cut off tool jigsaw plunge saw rotozip come light router and a drill non off the 18v realy gets a hammering

apart from the 933 jigsaw and the ancient hammer drill that came with batteries and charger the rest came naked and cost between £45 and £80 new some ebay imports from this country others on line stores ce marked
non realy get a hammering as 90% off my work is fitting what i make so no real pounding hence my love off ryobi where you can try it out and buy the big boys version when they wear out [somthing they never do ;) ]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back