dyson dc01 stopped working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all new to these forums but excellent site for all those diy'ers,anyway
my wifes yes my wifes dyson dc01 has stopped working no power at all-the dyson is over 5 years old now so it is getting on-i would think this is properly the motor or lose connection-i have had a look where the cable comes in to the on/off button but nothing looks loose there-any ideas if it could be anything else as i don'nt really want to fork out for another one-cheers

Sponsored Links
Can you not trace it through with a multimeter. Check resistance of flex between Live pin of plug through to switch. Check accross the switch itself, check the wire from the switch to the motor etc.. right back to the neutral pin at plug. The break has goto be there somewhere unless the motor is stuffed.

If no breaks check for 240V at motor when switched on. If present but no action, check brushes. If all brushes are ok. Sounds like a winding burned out.

Sponsored Links
The cable is prone to breaking just where it goes into the machine. If you test with a multimeter between the live pin on the pug and other end of the wire, it should be close to 0 ohms. Same for the neutral wire.

If it is that, simple to fix just a case of cutting about 10cm off the end of the wire, striping back and reconnecting...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back