Dyson DC31 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got an inoperable DC31. Nothing happens when I pull the trigger. Not even the little green light scomes on.
When I place it on its charging station the little green light (on the charging station) comes on and goes off again after a short while.
I have measured the output from the charging station (21.5v) and thought the battery must be faulty but when I measured the output from the battery I got 24v.
Anyone got an idea of what might be wrong?

Sponsored Links
No.
But as (I guess) you were leading me to investigate potential blockages, I decided to have a look at the filter...It was missing !!!
Re-installed the filter, which was sitting above the boiler where it dries after washing, and it works fine - noticed there's a wee microswitch which prevents use with no filter in.
thanks for the steer jj

Sponsored Links
Actually I was wondering if the brush head was turning as if it gets jammed then nothing works, but glad to hear you got it sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back