E119 on Baxi Duo-Tec Combi HE 33 although pressurised

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

my almost new (installed in october) baxi combi HE 33 refuses to fire up although I have topped up the pressure to 1.5 as per the user manual.

The pressure had dropped zero as the the lads installing a new bathroom removed a bathroom heater

Any ideas to get this going again? Recharging the EXV, shorting the pressure switch sounds complicated + not sure where these are in the boiler :(

Thanks for your replies
Al

Sponsored Links
whats e119 again? low pressure? the pressure switches on these are ****e.

It would be very unusual for a pressure switch inlet pipe to be blocked by dirt after such a short time.

If not then it should be covered by the warrantee.

Tony

Not if it has been fitted to a dirty system......the amount of times i have seen 'flushed' systems that have been drained and refilled with fresh water a few times and called 'flushed'.......

The pressure switches on these are sensitive but not s~~te, ie they will show E119 at anything below 1 bar but it is usually the damn integral filling loop non return valve that sticks not the pressure switch.....just my observations of course

Sponsored Links
All sorted

The heater that was taken off broke the circulation of water in the system - hence the problem. Heater is back on, boiler is functioning

thanks for your replies

It sounds as if you had a single pipe system which is unusual!

But that would not have prevented the hot water working on a combi boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back