E2 Error code on Smeg DI 612 CA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My d/washer stops before it gets to the wash cycle. It displays the E2 error code...Lights 2 and 5 lit up..... I've tried the reset by turning on and pressing the prog button 4 times in 3 seconds, but this does not light up lights 1&5. I've checked the base under the silver filter cover and it is not holding water, nor are the pipes blocked. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I think it may be the PCB and can get it repaired (the actual board that is) for around £40 (http://www.qualityelectronicrepairs.co.uk/lists/dishwashers_1.html)

First though I have to get the PCB and I don't know how I would access this. Please help....No dishwasher and Christmas is not getting further away!!! :eek:

Sponsored Links
First the E2 means 'water safety intervention'
in english it means you could have a leak.

lean the dishwasher backwards to see if water is coming from the base
. ensure it is all dry . if so then

check to see if the aquastop lets water in to the machine, if you switch on the dishwasher program the aqua stop will give a gentle vibration when you put your hand on it.

that will eleiminate a couple of possibilities or lead you to the answer

That's great. Thanks for your help.
What does the aquastop look like, so I know what to put my hand on :?:
The manual says that E2 is the overfill safety cut-out. Is this incorrect? How does a leak affect it? Thanks for your patience.

The aqua stop is the pipe that screws on to the water pipe under the sink

manual is correct
in simple terms
there is a polystyrene float in the base of the dishwasher . when water leaks the float obviously is pushed up by the water. this then triggers a switch to stop water coming in , the main motor turning , the drain pump will pump out any water it can

a slow but sure way to test properly if you are not too sure.
switch off machine at mains and un plug
pour in 5 litres of water - leave for 2 or 3 hours
tip machine backwards .
if water comes out the back you have a leak

Sponsored Links
I'll give that a go and see what happens. Presumably if there's a leak, I just have to track it down and replace the relevant part...If not...PCB?
Thanks again.

Hi, did you get this fixed as mine has now gone the same way! Did a reset, but it still appears to be overflowing.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it fixed, so am now having to buy a new one - Won't be a Smeg though!!!

I did have some water leaking from the front of the door (left). I've had the front off and the water was dripping behind the pannel into the bottom of the machine. I've cleaned it up and reajusted the legs. No water dripping now but safe error. I'll trie the above advice... but any more clues? :!:

look in sump area about the 12 oclock position. if theirs a rubber flap valve....take it of and throw it away...this should solve prob........if not you need a new water break kit...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back