E2 error with dishwasher STA6248 Smeg...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi gentlemen,

i'm Tofke from Belgium and i have the "classic" e2 error on my sta6248 dishwasher Smeg. the 2nd light flashes and the 5th light is on, i can't reset the prog with the method "push 4 times until 3 seconds", so how can i reset ? the dishwasher starts normaly, but after 10-15 minutes (just before the tablet door open) the machine stops, does this mean a faulty pressure switch or pcb ? in the manual E2 error is marked to be a safety pressure switch activated... Since yesterday i read all dutch, english or french forum without result, last thing : water is cold when i open the dishwashing door so i dont know if it's normal (before the tablet door opens). thanks a lot and sorry for the faults, english is not my natal language

have a nice day

Tofke

Sponsored Links
E1 - 1st flashing, 5th lit - flood protection system activated.
E2 - 2nd flashing, 5th lit - safety pressure switch activated.
E3 - 1st, 2nd flashing, 5th lit - no heat in time allowed.
E4 - 3rd flashing, 5th lit - temperature sensor fault.
E5 - 1st, 3rd flashing, 5th lit - no fill.
E6 - 2nd, 3rd flashing, 5th lit - no drain in time allowed.
E7 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd flashing - flow meter detected when not fitted - reset required.
E9 - same code as E1, so how you tell the difference is beyond me, but is a related fault to E1 + E2.

Reset Procedure
Switch on and press the programme button 4 times, within 3 seconds. The 1st and 5th lamps should light........ You may have to do this several times before it works! Assuming that it does, switch off, count to 10, switch on and run the rinse programme only.

Be advised that solenoid failure/ breakdown/poor connections can corrupt the board and cause unlisted faults.

Sponsored Links
thanks for reply, the reset procedure dont works with the sta6248, when i push the button 4 times until 3 seconds, that's only choose the 4th washing program, i know what the e2 error means so how can i desactived the safety pressure switch ?... i checked all filters, the aquastop, i put 5 liters of water in the dishwasher for 2 hours to know if there is an evacuation problem... i have reading all forum about e2 error since 3 days, i do all test they talk about, i'm very disapointed about smeg... 2 years and out of order...

have a nice day

Tofke

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back