EA Error Code - Worcester Bosch Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday my WB Greenstar 37CDi combi boiler showed an EA error code and stopped working. I reset it and the run up code -//- displayed for a while then cleared and the boiler now seems fine.

Just before I noticed the error code we had run the washing machine on a super hot 90 degree wash to give it a clean out. The washing machine drain and the boiler condensate drain run together under the floor in the utility room before going out into the drain.

Is this just a coincidence, or would the boiler sense an over-temperature in the drain and trip??

Cheers
Mark

Sponsored Links
The EA fault will need diagnosing in the presence of the boiler. The symbol it came up with when you reset it is just a cycle the boiler goes through on first start up after having had the power to the boiler turned off or after a reset. It is just filling the condense trap and is perfectly normal.

EA is a catch all fault code... It means that the boiler failed to ignite.... If it did it just the once then live with it.. It may just need a service. If it does it frequently then it needs investigation.. by someone who has the kit to check it..

Had an EA this evening.... Thank Worcester for that

EA can be a real pain. Various solutions to this problem depending on it's cause. Not a great deal you can do as a user apart from press reset! You need a pro if it keeps happening. Wouldn't be right to tell a DIY enthusiast how to do that because of various safety/combustion checks which need to be carried out. That said Worcester are an awsome boiler!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back