Worcester Greenstar EA error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a Worcester Greenstar combi boiler installed in April, which had been working fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now, several times a week it stops with an "EA" error code on the display (the Wave app shows a little more - "EA 56"). Pressing the reset button fixes it. I emailed Worcester tech support who suggested getting the gas pressure checked before arranging for a Worcester repair visit. We got the installer back to do this, and he says the pressure is fine.

I haven't found anything on the web that explains an EA 56 error, but wonder if there is some truth in the gas pressure thing. I'm not 100% but I think the problem has always coincided with times when the gas hob is in use. Although it's summer(!) so the boiler isn't firing the CH, we do use the water pre-heat function which I believe lights the boiler for a few seconds every half an hour or so. Could the boiler be failing to light while the hobs are on? Just a theory, and doesn't explain why it never happened for the first few months of having the boiler. (It's nothing fancy - just a basic 4-ring hob).

I'm going to get Worcester out to take a look, but in the meantime just curious if anyone knows what the problem could be?

Sponsored Links
EA is non detection of flame. There could be various reasons for this occurring. With such a new boiler, I recommend leaving it to WB as the fault will require gas work.

while I am not a great fan of WB boilers they have a fantastic after sales network so worry not they will sort it out for you

Sponsored Links
WB have about 350 engineers charging around the country 364 days of the year dealing with issues like this - get one of them out to sort it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back