worcester greenstar r30 he fault code ae

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi , i have a bit of a problem , i attended a boiler breakdown today on a worcester greenstar r30 he , fault code ea , which indicates flame detection error ,now i checked continuity across the probe to harness , no resistance , checked flue gases ,ok ,air intake,ok , gas inlet pressure ok ,condence ok ,this would indicate to me pcb,changed ,still the same i even changed the probe block still the same ,can anyone help cheers

Sponsored Links
EA can be caused by a number of things. Check the flame sence electrode and make sure it's ok, condensate pipe could be frozen or blocked. Also there is what's called a bearing plate by the fan and they can stick. Remove the fan and feel up the pipe on the heatcell. If its intermittent it could also be a gas valve. While your at it chech the fan de-pressure remove the white nipple off the black plastic under the fan and put your manometer tube on it. It will give you a minus reading. Check the instructions as to what it should be, if it's under the heatcell may been cleaning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back