worcester r30 he combi plus hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I was called out to a worcester r30 He Combi Plus with the following problem:

Boiler fires up for hot water when HW tap is opend but water fails to get hot at HW tap 9 times out of 10, boiler HW water temp goes to 110 on readout starts to bang then shuts downs.

Customer says its been like this for a week after mains supply was dug up in the road, boiler runs ok in CH mode all rads get hot and pump spins.

I took motor head off divertor valve this moves in and out ok when testing HW and CH modes, HW does not seem able to get pass the divertor valve or the HW plate heat exchanger, i also tested the HW NTC sensor this seemed to be working ok.

Do any worcester experts have any info on the above problem could the Divertor valve or the HW plate heat exchanger be blocked with sludge?

I spoke to Worcester Tech Help they said to check divertor motor head and also see if i could move the spring/pin in the divertor valve both moved in and out when tested anyone got any ideas ?

Hope you can help
Cheers
Bantamman

Ps
Forgot to say that water gets to HW tap OK its just not getting warm

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back