worcester greenstar r 28 he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there can anyone help i have a worcester boiler[ r 28 he]it stoped working with code EA flame not detected so my plumer put a new electrode asembly in with new sensor on it gave the boiler a full service and all was fine untill i got home that day and was back to EA again still not working were do we go next thanks for any help Rob :cry:

Sponsored Links
The obvious answer is to call him back!

There can be many causes of that fault code, including , but not limited to the ignition electrodes.

When dealing with that kind of fault its necessary to do a flue gas analysis using an expensive instrument to see if the air/gas mixture is correctly set up. Not all boiler repairers have them though as they cast about £500.

Did he use one?

Tony

hi tony yes getting him back is no problem and he does not charge me me for labour only part as we are good mates he had to go out today or he would of been here today also done gas analysis all ok just back from calibration more money .was just trying to see if anyone had had this problem to help him out when he next comes

Worcester bosch boiler greenstart HE 35 about 7 years old.I have these 2 issues. Moved in 3 months ago...Every day i repressurise the boiler as it drops to zero in around 4 hours each day. Thats alot of water being topped up, but where is it going? No overflow leakage from boiler and no obvious damp from pipes?
Second.Code EA- No flame detected. I can hear the crackers going but no flame appears in the little window? It trys a few times then locks out with Code EA. This is sointermittant. works for days then reappears. After much messing and resetting it finally works...although after 2 hours resetting it now appears to be dead!
help.
Boiler was just serviced with no obvious problems, but of course it always works when the engineer turns up! :?:

Sponsored Links
sometimes this fault can be caused by weak spark which is generated from pcb....could also be a gas issue though, get RGI in to inspect properly

main heat exchangers are prone to leaking .do you have water coming out of the condenste when boiler not in use ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back