worcester r30 He Combi - no fault codes but no heat: help..!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello -

I'm new to these forum so please excuse any naffness. Be great if anyone can give me some pointers/advice/etc. Just noticed tonight that the central heating/radiators don't work. The boiler - worcester bosh combi HE R30 Greenstar jobby - has no fault codes and it still produces hot running water. However, when the central heating is supposed to come on the thing fires up only for a few seconds and then goes quiet: radiators are stone cold. Like i said, no fault codes or anything exhibited. So far tried bleeding the radiators and switching the unit on and off a couple of times but no joy at all. thanks in advance. Mojo.

update - i've just run it using the 'chimney sweep mode' and it fired up nice and all the rads got hot... but that only lasts for 15 minutes and it's gone back to not working when set up normally.

Sponsored Links
Hello -

I'm new to these forum so please excuse any naffness. Be great if anyone can give me some pointers/advice/etc. Just noticed tonight that the central heating/radiators don't work. The boiler - worcester bosh combi HE R30 Greenstar jobby - has no fault codes and it still produces hot running water. However, when the central heating is supposed to come on the thing fires up only for a few seconds and then goes quiet: radiators are stone cold. Like i said, no fault codes or anything exhibited. So far tried bleeding the radiators and switching the unit on and off a couple of times but no joy at all. thanks in advance. Mojo.

update - i've just run it using the 'chimney sweep mode' and it fired up nice and all the rads got hot... but that only lasts for 15 minutes and it's gone back to not working when set up normally.

I'm having exactly the same problem; did you find a solution to this?

you have an external controls or internal timer fault, the chimney sweep mode is an engineers way of over riding these external controls and as such rules out a boiler fault the boiler shutting down after 15 mins is normal in this mode, what controls do you have for the boiler and I might be able to advise more

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back