Earth Bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am not literate in any shape form or fashion in the DIY world. But I am looking for some layman advise.

We had a new combi boiler fitted recently.

Just had a guy in to do the Hob and he was flabergasted that the pipes on boiler arent earthed...........I kinda understand what he was taling about. My question is was the fitter legally obliged to earth these, and should we have been made aware that these werent due to what I understand could be quite dangerous.

If it helps I can take a pic of the boiler as its is.

Always seem to get horror stories when you have the same line of tradesmen coming into you house and almost "slating" each others work

Thanks in advance
WK

Sponsored Links
im not competant in electrics and haven't seen your wiring system, so i'm basing this on my experience, its very unprofessional to slag off another tradesman, but worse when you are wrong, as i think this guy is, it hasnt been a requirement to "cross bond" boiler pipework for years, but ultimately the electrical system in your house should only be commented on and worked on by a competant person, not sure if your boiler guy is, i dont think your hob guy is by the way he is talking, if you are unsure get a competant person in to have a look ( i suggest an electrician, but you could talk to the boiler guy first as he might have electrical quals, and has seen it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back