earth loop impedance

I think (but don't know for sure) that these figures are broadly applicable, British Standards being what they are, but don't quote me..

Sadly I don't have access to the BS.

Sponsored Links
tim west said:
plugwash said:
the point is the only way to achive that for socket cuircuits is not to use MCBs to protect them (given that the appliances connected to them whether fixed-wire or portable are protected by plug fuses)
Again i stress the point that plugtops and their fuses do not form part of a final sub circuit as defined by the regs.
I don't see how the fact you are not responsible for designing a part of the system excuses you from considering that effect of that part in your designs but if it makes you feel better about installing badly designed circuits feel free to keep telling yourself it.

plugwash said:
I don't see how the fact you are not responsible for designing a part of the system excuses you from considering that effect of that part in your designs but if it makes you feel better about installing badly designed circuits feel free to keep telling yourself it.
How you come to that conclusion completely baffles me, I do work to very high standards and don't install badly designed circuits. I'll ask you, how do work out what will be plugged into a socket? And it was you that said that discrimination had gone out the window! what other parts of the regs do you so easily dismiss because they don't fit in with your attitude to electrics? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back