HIGH LOOP IMPEDANCE?

WHY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
high earth loop impedence 1.42 and r1 r2 128 on a lighting cicuit in a T.N.C.S installation,any suggestions how to get this down?PLEASE HELP :(

Sponsored Links
What sort of OCPD supplies the circuit?

What is the Ze of the property?
What size cable is the circuit wired in?
What is the length of the circuit?

1.42 ohms is normally an acceptable reading for a lighting circuit.

Sponsored Links
I am still confused as to what the OP is saying. Is Ze 1.42ohms and R1+R2 128ohms?

Maybe 1.28 ohms for R1+R2, and a Zs of 1.42 ohms?

This would mean a Ze of roughly 0.14 ohms which sounds about right for a PME supply.

sorry if i didn t explaine propely gentelmen,it was 1.28 r1 r2 and1.42 for the e.l.i on a lighting cucuit wired in 1.5 on a 6amp breaker.i was lead 2 believe anything over 1.00 was a problem?

just 2 clarify for eleci its a pretty long lighting circuit and i d also like to say thank you for all your replies ;)

WHY said:
sorry if i didn t explaine propely gentelmen,it was 1.28 r1 r2 and1.42 for the e.l.i on a lighting cucuit wired in 1.5 on a 6amp breaker.i was lead 2 believe anything over 1.00 was a problem?

If (R1 + R2) is 1.2 then that implies a circuit length of 42 metres, which is well within even the OSGs quite restrictive table of conventional circuits.

Given the Zs max for a 6A Type B MCB is 8.0, corrected to 6.4 Ohms, then at 1.42 you are well within the limits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back