Earth Loop Problem

what do u mean about remedials ?

People test the school, and then other companies go in and fix the problems, we are fixing the problems

its 2 core about 30 meters, 25mm2 i think

i dont have Ze on me though

1 or 2 boards are further and on same fuse type, but EFLI ok

Sponsored Links
remedials, usualy done by the company testing ;)

all this is no good without ZE

even more so in your case, it could be that its been failed because it has a bigger fuse than the rest, or longer cable run, or smaller CSA ect ect

no good comparing it with other submains unless they are the exact same , never seen clones in schools, never seem to be the same

anyway, my suggestion would be PME/SWA 3core

and for a stert id be advising the 3036 be changed and id sell em the convenience of MCBS for ease of resetting, then id sell em a cover plan and blah blah blah

what company/area are you working for?

The council employ people to do the testing

Then a seperate compnay to do the remedial work

This is because if the company that test did the remedial work, then they could make up false problems and say they fixed them, therefore getting money for no work

The people that test get money for nothing anyway since they do IR tests straight off the neutral bar etc.

If we put in a quote for changing fuseboards then my boss would do all the monkey work and then someone else would get the job from the counsil - wasting time and money
Changing all the fuse boards would cost alot of money and so the counsil would probably not go for it anyway

i am in Bucks but id rather not say my company since u seem to have the aim of slagging them off because they have a ****** apprentice.

Sponsored Links
dosnt always work like that actuly, although it is possible to make up work, some of the ones ive been involved in have an inspector come round to verify the works being done and needed being done in the first place, spot checks usualy

if you have done the above then your off the council list, off the schools list, complain to REG body and then done for fraud.... :) nice

anyway, im not intent on slagging anyone off, id hold no benifit since i have an 8 - 10 week waiting list and schools and the like wouldent want to wait that long in general

however, im trying to help you out with this problem and you ignore most of the suggestions and only have half of the info needed to even suggest ideas!

plus, has it really stumped your boss as to what to do?

i agree running a 10mm in was a good idea, although as ive said id have tryed with 16 or 25 as 10 is a bit ****y on a 100Amp/25mm

if hes really stumped then you might want to look in yellow pages and join the long line for another company

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back