Earthing a replacement Triton shower unit - please advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of replacing a Triton opal shower with a Triton ivory 4. I assumed the electrics woiuld be a simple swap over but the earthing on the 2 showers is very different.

On the new shower it simply seems to require the standard earth cable connecting along with the live and neutral into the terminal block whereas the older unit was earthed very differently including to the water inlet pipe

Can you confirm no additional earthing is needed on the replacement unit ?

Opal :- (ignore the electrical tape was just tping it up while disconnecting it all)

20130113_112732_zps500949fb.jpg

Ivory :-

20130114_094414_zpse462ca1d.jpg

Thought it best to check no additional earthing was needed on the new unit. Instructions dont seem to indicate so

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

Sponsored Links
You'd do better with this in the sparkies forum. The other wiring you can see is the earth bonding.

the shower earth will be fine just putting it into the shower block, however in the first pic they have used that to earth bond the pipework as well which should be bonded at the incoming stoptap

Sponsored Links
My guess is that the shower is piped in plastic or uses push fit fittings somewhere. In which case, should a live wire come into contact with that chrome pipe it will become live and very deadly. Touch that when you are in the shower and you don't stand a chance. Electrics are far more dangerous than gas. Get a local spark to look at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back