earthing + low voltage cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am helping a friend do up his house and we have a couple of questions which i hope someone can help us with. (i have spent last hour or so reading through q+a) friends house does not appear to have any earth bonding on any pipes sink etc. unsure waht size earthing cable to use for this, 6mm or 10mm.

also we installing low voltage downlighters 8* 20watt. have managed to pick up cheap lights(compared to sheds) and transfformer form trade outlet. guy at shop unsure what size cable to use. does it make any difference if run in series or paralel.

thanks

Sponsored Links
10mm is ideal

you must wire the lights in paralell, but the transformer must be able to cope with the total load. 8 x 20 = 160 (watts) minimum

fogot any ideas on the size of cable for the low voltage downlights, normal lighting cable? 1mm?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back