Earthing pipes question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i put a new bathroom suite in, i cut copper pipes in floorboards feeding radiator, bath and sink, there were 22mm and 15mm,
i used speedfit plastic to take it to shower,bath, and sink and a heated towel rail.

so from the coper i cut going in to bathroom it only has isolation valves and flexi pipes to bath and sink which are metal.

my question is,
i removed all old copper pipes in batroom and discarded, now i have ordered some 4,, earth clamps, where do i have to put them, ??
ive read it has to go to consumer unit earth bar, or do i just connect both pipes i cut and put strap between them in airing cupboard so it can be seen.

im confused.

Sponsored Links
It is actually bonding, not earhthing, and it does not go back to the cu.
Not much point in bonding after the plastic as those parts are unlikely to build up any potential.
Supplementary bonding connects all the metal parts that might hold a voltage together: heating pipes, water pipes and cpc's.
Connecting the pipes etc. is easy enough, but as you won't have the testers to check if it is done correctly, it leaves to be desired to do this as a diy job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back