Earworm

L

longdogs

Apparently, I have an earworm. It's ok, it's nothing nasty - just a song constantly repeating in my head.

A few days ago, I happened to hear 'The man who sold the World' by David Bowie. I had a go at playing along with it on my guitar and that was it: Stuck on a continuous loop night and day. even when I am talking I can still hear it. According to research, it can be caused by stress, tiredness or boredom.

I'm sure it will go soon but was wondering if anyone else has had it before? Apparently it is quite common.

I remember some years back, we were driving around the Scottish Highlands listening to a Beethoven cd over and over again. When I eventually turned it off, we could both still hear the music clearly, note for note. So clearly, that I had to check that the cd wasn't still playing. It did stop after an hour or so.

Sponsored Links
Although not exactly the same thing, how many of you have been jolted awake by experiencing "reality" in a dream. I have, several times.

, how many of you have been jolted awake by experiencing "reality" in a dream. I

Reality. Surely that is more likely to be a nightmare? ;)

As for tunes stuck in my head, unfortunately for me, it's more likely to be some crap jingle from the radio/TV ad rather than a piece of quality music.

Sponsored Links
I remember some years back, we were driving around the Scottish Highlands listening to a Beethoven cd over and over again. When I eventually turned it off, we could both still hear the music clearly, note for note.
Woof, woof, woof, woof? Oh, that beethoven :LOL: :LOL:

It used to be "The girl from Ipanema" for me, by Millicent fecking Martin.
Christ I hated that, and her, she was never off the fecking telly at one point.
Belting that torturous cr*p out night after night till it was embedded in everyones head, not just mine.

Although not exactly the same thing, how many of you have been jolted awake by experiencing "reality" in a dream. I have, several times.

Yes, get that a lot. Sometimes the 'feeling' of a dream lasts all day.

Sponsored Links
Back