Easi Fill instead of Plaster to skim walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we just purchased a house a couple of weeks ago and the first thing we did was start stripping the wallpaper, we used a steamer and a fair amount of plaster started blistering and peeling off too.

The decorator, before he started he asked me to get him some multi finish plaster, cement and Easi Fill (lots of Easi Fill).

Where the plaster had come off and left deep holes or ares had been chased he used the plaster and smoothed over with Easi fill (I think), even walls that were fine he has skimmed over with Easi Fill, every single room has had the Easi Fill treatment - entire walls, is that the done thing?

Whilst he had used PVA on the walls that he plastered on he hasn't then used any new plaster undercoat before painting the rooms in matt emultion (double coats).

Myself not being an expert I'm just wondering if he's doing / done the right thing, what I don't want is for paint to start peeling off the walls 6 months down the line.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back