Easifill - want to check my method

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Nearly there with my tape and jointing project. Has to be done before Xmas! I just wanted to check my method to make sure there are no unforeseen issues that mess it all up.

Standard plasterboard with tapered joint. I’ve done all the taping using paper tape and easifill. It’s all dry and I’ve sanded it ready for a second coat.

Plan is to apply the second coat and feather out to minimise any sanding. First worry is that the first layer being fully dry may cause issues with bubbling?

Assuming that all goes well I’m planning to spray the room with johnstones covaplus white vinyl Matt. Wanted to try spraying as had a few issues last time with the easifill bubbling after painting. Wasn’t sure if that was a good work around or would you recommend sealing it all before painting? What would you use if so? It’s only a 2mx4m room. Can you spray sealers on?

Think that’s everything. Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Spraying is a good idea but never tried.
I found easyfill pants for feathering. It feathered aok, and when painting the roller took the thin feathered edges off...
I now toupret fine surface filles, which does not suffer same fate.
As you've already done it, yeah prime it and let us know how it goes

Sponsored Links
My decorator recommends priming any large areas of easy fill with zinzer 123 before emulsion
Spraying is a good idea but never tried.
I found easyfill pants for feathering. It feathered aok, and when painting the roller took the thin feathered edges off...
I now toupret fine surface filles, which does not suffer same fate.
As you've already done it, yeah prime it and let us know how it goes
I've found Zinsser Gardz to be brilliant for this purpose.
Thanks all

I cheaped out and went with some acrylic primer. Seems to have done the job well. I’ve not done the 2 coats of emulsion yet but the primer went on fine without any lifting. So hoping that’s it sealed and no more issues.

Had the same problem with feathering it out and it lifting. So infuriating! I also switched to toupret for that.

If I've got enough time, I like Knauf fill and finish. It's air drying, so takes 24 hours to cure. With some joint fillers, you need to use a finish coat on the last one.
I always use 3 coats over the tape.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back