Easy to use 3D planning software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am looking to build and design my self a small compartmental joining workbench, where in my shed, its just a quick use bench, but I can wheel it out of the shed, and easily extend bits to it so it can have a outfeed table for example.. else it would be a mitre saw bench to a welding station.

Now, I have something called Aphantasia (I can't picture anything in my head, example, I can't close my eyes and picture... say a tomato, but I know what it looks like), Anyway, due to this problem, I can not get my ideas from my head to paper without extremely hard effort (not sure if this is any good English - Sorry), and using software to design something is something I am and have tried before. However I do find things like this hard to do, as I can't use Photoshop CS3 but can use photoshop elements 4.

Okay, so I have fallen asleep half way through writing this, hope everything makes sense.

So can you recommended any software for windows, ipad or a much older imac from 2006 that is either free, or offers a free trial, so I can actually see how easy things are, if not, I have not lost any money, or trying for months to get my money back, this has happened to me before with photo editing software a couple years ago.

Sponsored Links
I like SketchUp.
But for you I would suggest Tinkercad.

It is online.

It is free.

You can easily make up 3D models of lengths of wood that match the sizes you have.

And then move these blocks arround.

www.tinkercad.com

SFK
I think SFK is on the right track, I’ve just started using it for 3D printing design and it’s pretty easy to get the basics.

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20230626-090609.png

Screenshot (from phone - best if used on Computer) of a workbench I was considering making (weird design as I had some specific requirements).

Back