Ebay Security "certificate not valid"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cant find an answer on ebay anywhere!!

Whenever I log in to 'my ebay' I get numerous alerts telling me that certificate isnt valid, or is out of date

I have tried numerous IE security changes, nothing works.

Its doing my head in!!!!

Incidentally, if I sign in with another PC it doesnt do it

I have done a virus scan, deleted cookies/temp IE files, adaware scan, spybot scan, not a sausage

arrrgghh!!

Sponsored Links
YES, another person with a comp problem :LOL: never heard of that one though, and i'm regular ebayer on 4 different comps

yeah.

Upon logging in to my ebay, I have to click 'yes' to accept the security certificate thingy, 10 TIMES before I get onto the page I wanted.

this snippet of a screen shot might help:

sec.jpg

anyone with any idea of what i have to do to resolve this, would be welcomed!!

Do you type in the URL yourself? What is it?

What are your Security and Privacy settings for the ebay sites?

What is the time and date on your PC?

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Do you type in the URL yourself? What is it?

What are your Security and Privacy settings for the ebay sites?

What is the time and date on your PC?

I normally use a link from my favs to the url www.ebay.co.uk which contains the site I want to 'log on to' "MY eBAY"

Security for these sites are as normal I think

Time and date are c..... nope, they are a year OLD/out of date!! I had to adjust the other day cos it was showing the 7th, when its was the 8th, didnt think to check the 'year' but either way - yesterday friday 9th feb, was my birthday, but I found the mistake on wednesday when my system clock said it was the 8th and I knew the setting werent right.

I have just reset the settings, hopefully it now work...... back in 5!...............

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Y E S I N D E E D Y ! ! ! it worked, and I no longer have to sift though 10 certificates of warnings or whatever.

THANKS!! you have just increased my ebay access by less time and less stress.

TOP!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

now heres the crack, I didnt change anything and the problem has stopped.... eh??

oh well, nothing to complain about now

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Back