Econ 7 Causing Main RCD to trip at 11:30/12:30pm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok.. this is a problem that has had me stumped for over a year now.

My house has Econ 7, with seperate Fuseboards, with one RCD protecting the norm, and one the Econ7. all during the winter, the system works fine. but when i go away for a weekend, and switch off heaters and hot water, usually at 11:30pm the normal RCD trips out.

Recently, i switched my heating system, so i removed all the storage heaters, and just left the hot water (immerson heater) on, and now the electricity has tripped 3 time in 5 days.

Since i intended to use the econ7 boad with plug sockets to charge a mobile phone or something the fuses were still in, but i removed them this morning, so i'll have to wait and see if this helps.

Has anyone else has issues like this? and anyone have suggestions as to what to check next? its drving me nuts, as no electricity... no wake up alarm in the morning!!

Sponsored Links
Not related, but have you changed your electricity tarrif? If not you will be paying over the odds (on eco7 the day rate is higher)

Seems as if you have created a fault whilst removing the economy 7 heaters, the RCD will trip at this time as that is when your Economy & is activated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back