Ecotec - Automatic air valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
vaillant Ecotec 837 - where is the AAV! Automatic air valve?
According to the diagnostic I neeed to make sure the cap on the automatic air vent is loosened - I have the manual - I have searched the manual! there is no diagram as to where this is and no real reference to it, although at another point it does state: loosen the cap on the pump AAV - cannot see anything obvious on the pump either!

Any help greatly welcomed!

Sponsored Links
I expect its above and behind the pump.

But thats something the installer should have done during commissioning and I am not convinced you should be touching it when its under the installers and manufacturers warrantee.

If I had fitted the boiler then I would, not want you tampering with it!!!

Tony

Thanks Tony,

My hubby and father in law are my installers! They have done boilers before ( 1st combi though!) and we are getting it certified by a corgi chap.

I think the little black plastic cap I discovered last night is the AAV then - just hoping for clarification.

Thanks again!

Thanks Tony,

My hubby and father in law are my installers! They have done boilers before ( 1st combi though!) and we are getting it certified by a corgi chap.!

Its illegal for a CORGI to certify someone elses installation!!!

Sponsored Links
We get an installer round he does all the required checks and then can sign off the work - if this is not the case then we will not bother paying for it if it is not a legal document.

Thanks

It would still be a legal document but he is acting illegally if he notifies CORGI and they send you their certificate and inform Building Control.

All a CORGI can do is commission the boiler and issue on the spot a Gas Safety certificate. Thats if little value to you though.

When you sell the house you need the Building Control to have a record of the new boiler.

Most CORGI engineers will only act within the correct parameters. many will not even issue the gas safety Certificate. Many would report anyone they find has acted illegally!!!

Tony

All we want is the gas cert - we will not be selling the house for many menay years. And when we do - building control will probably have changed again.

We will probably need a cert fo every lightbuld to state a qualified electrcian put it in by then!

Thanks for you help on this.

A gas safety certificate has no value to you apart from the fact that it has hopefully been checked for safety by a CORGI.

We would charge our standard diagnostic fee to commission and visually check the boiler installation plus £35 extra to issue the safety Certificate.

Thats really more than we would normally charge and there is an element of a penalty to those who have used a non registered installer. If we knew who he was we would be inclined to report him to CORGI !!!

For a competent DIYer we would not charge the extra £35 though.

Tony

I phoned arond - explained we were fitting our boiler ourselves and wanted it checking out at the end of the installation.

All were very helpful explaied the fees involved - so once I am ready I will probably choose someone who is available to come out sooner rather than later.

Did you ask them to notify CORGI so you get the CORGI Certificate and get the Building Control notification?

Tony

just testing...
ecotecaavtg2.gif

This is the where I thought it was but having clarification is great!

Hopefully will have heat & hot water by the weekend! please no snow till then!

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back