ecoTEC boiler with Vaillant UniSTOR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have the ecoTEC boiler with Vaillant UniSTOR what im wondering is how do i stop the water flowing into pipes in the house as i need to change kitchen tap, do i need to turn stopcock off under sink then drain the full 180 litres out as that seems a bit of a waste or can it be shut off i have looked at the unistor and there is a few stop valves ,well thats what they look like ,but which one is the right one

Sponsored Links
You were right about isolating at the stop cock, that will stop the cold mains feed into the kitchen tap, and should also stop the mains into the tank. Once you drain off a bit of hot water, the tank will loose pressure, and stop flowing. You will be left with a tank of water, but not going anywhere. I would switch the boiler off, as any expansion of the water in the cylinder as its heated might come out. Once the tap is replaced, reconnect the mains, you will get a bit of spluttering from both hot and cold as you release any trapped air, but everything should be okay.

so turn off stopcock and run hot and cold until water stops running ,turn off boiler ,will i have do anything to boiler when i turn it back on like resetting anything .cheers

the unistor has its own isolating valve, in the pressure ruducing valve assembly, a small black lever valve.

Once this has been closed just run the hot taps until the water stops.

When turning the water back on to the unistor, leave one of the hot taps open so it can vent as it fills.

Sponsored Links
where should i be looking ,pipe on top or the 3 pipes that go into the low middle area, is it a turn or just a push lever

The middle one of the 3 lower pipes. This is the 22mm cold mains inlet, so follow this back and you should find the PRV and isolater. It is a 90D turn black lever.

ive had a look and the bottom and middle pipes have what looks like a red stopcock then lower down they have another pipe a few inchs long which is t- ed off the main pipes with isolator valves the kind you turn with a screwdriver ,they must be to drain off the unistor im guessing as they are close to the floor and the top of the 3 pipes has some kind of grey plastic box about 5 by 3 inch which seems to be attached to a chunky kind of valve fitted inline and there is a small black lever on top of the grey case also there is a black cable coming out of it into the power supply for the system is that what im looking for

No. That is the motorised valve that shuts off the flow of hot water from the boiler when the cylinder stat is satisfied .

One has to wonder where they have put it then as it is supplied with the unistor. It also has a 15mm outlet on the assembly which will lead to the expansion vessel (big round white thing)

ive had a good long luck cant see it anywhere followed all pipes until they went into roof, only thing there is is the red stopcock looking valves and like a small red top, a bit smaller than a 10p with an arrow on it also it looks like it twists ,where you said the lever should be there is 2 small pipes that t off the mainpipe ,they do not lead anywhere they are just capped off

littlecookie said:
turn off stopcock and run hot and cold until water stops running ,turn off boiler

gas4you said:
When turning the water back on to the unistor, leave one of the hot taps open so it can vent as it fills.

You already have your answer gas4you is correct, but no need to find that lever for the purposes of changing the kitchen tap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back