Question regarding controls for vaillant 624 and unistor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just ordered a vaillant 624 system boiler and a 210 litre vaillant unistor. To keep costs down can I use a wired honeywell room stat and the standard cylinder stat for hot water? What would you guys recommend.

Sponsored Links
yes of course this will not be a problem. Howerever you will loose out on some of the advanced features of the boiler knowing what temp the cylinder is at which could cost you a bit more gas in the long term

Given the money you have spent on the boiler and cylinder, I'd strongly recommend you go with all of Vaillant's controls, including weather compensation, if you want to get the most efficient gas usage out of your new system.

I trust you have a Gas Safe registered boiler installer and a G3 registered installer for the cylinder.

The guy who is installing is working for a gas safe installer who will be overlooking the job he has the ticket. Thank you for your response. Weather compensation does that mean the heating will always be on. I mean it will come on at times that I don't require heating. Would it be adequate to use the Vr66 wiring centre and a wired VRT350?

Sponsored Links
You need to check and confirm with the person actually responsible for the installation, but more like VR66 and VRC470f (which comes with the weather compensation sensor). Complicated controls to use, but well worth the effort in gas savings.

Being gas safe registered doesn't necessarily mean G3 registered. Check his / her Gas Safe card which may include G3 qualification, or ask for a separate G3 card, which will have a photograph on it. An unvented cylinder must be notified to the local authority. Someone with G3 can self -certify and notify, otherwise you can get the local authority to look at it afterwards, but they may charge several hundred pounds.

Thanks old buffer I will certainly check that appreciate your advice would kind of cost would it be for labour only for fitting boiler and cylinder to existing pipes?
Also what do you think of the vaillant unistor cylinder?

If I purchase a Vr66 wiring centre and a VRC470 weather compensator do I still need a timer?

1. Pricing
Impossible to give you any idea without seeing the installation and layout.

2. The VRC470 / VR66 combination has the timer built in. I think its in the VR66 but I'm not sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back