Ecotec Plus 2023 System Boiler with My Vaillant Connect , SPLAN- Plumber cant get it to work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My plumber has installed the new Vaillant Ecotec Plus 630 System Boiler. I have the my vaillant connect plugged into it below and am using the senso room pure. He installed an SPLAN system with 2 two port valves, One for unvented hot water cylinder and one for central heating. He has wired from the boiler through a Honeywell hone wiring centre however its not working.

The only way we can get hot water or heating is by manually overriding the switch on the two port valves.

I have been doing some research and I think its because I have an ebus controller (my vaillant gateway) rather than a standard controller (e.g. nest) which can be wired via 230v so the signal to call for heat or hot water could open the 2 port valves. I am assuming that the Honeywell home wiring centre wont work with this and I need to purchase a vaillant vr66/2 wiring centre as I have seen from the installation guide it says

"
The Monozone operation mode is compatible with:
– ebus control range
– system and open vent boiler
It allows the controller to communicate with the traditional 230 V zone valves and DHW storage cylinder. Information about the heat required by the cylinder is communicated to the heating appliance. The heating appliance (boiler) then decides whether a hot water request has to be fulfilled and sends a signal to position the 230 V zone valves."

So to get this to work correctly do I need to replace the Honeywell home with a vaillant vr66/2 and wire from the ebus side of the boiler rather than the 230v side of the boiler as per this picture
Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 21.52.24.png

Sponsored Links
Yes, I think you’ll need the Vaillant wiring Center, as the Honeywell home doesn’t support ebus and ebus is an extra low voltage. That said, what programmer is being used?

Yes, I think you’ll need the Vaillant wiring Center, as the Honeywell home doesn’t support ebus and ebus is an extra low voltage. That said, what programmer is being used?
I am using the vaillant gateway. I spoke to vaillant and it turns out I was right. If you are using Ebus controls, you need to use the vaillant wiring centre. At least I know now for going forwards. Electrician is planning to wire it tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Hi Bionic-Arm, looking to do exactly the same thing here: S-plan 2 valves, same boiler, same internet gateway, same thermostat, same wiring centre (!!!)

Do you use the myVaillant app and are you happy with it? It looks good on the Vaillant videos but the PlayStore app reviews are scary (failed to connect, very slow to get to the controls in the app, etc..).

Very keen to hear your feedback. Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back