Ecotec plus 831, F53 fault code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my 831 has been a little temperamental the last couple of days after a pcb board change. I've read the fault codes and cleared them and the same code comes back, F53. Am I right in thinking this to do with the gas valve? Are these valves repairable by a gas fitter or is it just a swap out?

Many thanks
Jim.

Sponsored Links
Any gas related work should be carried out by a competent person, ideally someone who is gas safe registered, but you must be able to perform a flue gas analysis afterwards.

You won't get help with that here I'm afraid, as forum rules prohibit giving DIYers gas advice. DIYers shouldn't even be removing the front cover on this boiler - it forms the safety room seal and should only be removed and refitted by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer with the correct tools, knowledge, and qualifications to carry out the Regulation 26.9 checks on completion.

Solution - call a Gas Safe Registered engineer familiar with this boiler

Sponsored Links
Hi @Jimmyjaffa ,
Have you solved your problem? I'm very interested in your feedback.
I'm also having trouble with the F.53 error code.
I had a Vaillant technician come and replace the venturi.
A week later, the F.53 error code appeared again.
I'm also thinking of a problem with the gas valve.
Before replacing it, I'd like to know your opinion.

Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back