Vaillant Ecotec 831 plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all . I`m getting the F61 & F62 fault codes on the above boiler ( about 12 years old, serviced regularly ) Should I get the PCB changed or the gas valve, or both ? Thanks for any help or advice.

Sponsored Links
You should engage in a gas safe registered engineer to diagnose this correctly for you, replace any parts required and carry out critical safety checks afterwards.

If the temp on the display is jumping around when not locked ot , it will be the PCB

This is very common on that model at 12 years.

It can be either or both parts!

More often the PCB.

It may be a good candidate for a fixed price repair in view of the difficulty in diagnosing the fault. Most seem to resort to p[arts changing!

But they can be very occasional. A client has had only three lockouts in three months. But they often get more frequent but more often take months or years to get impossible to live with.

Sponsored Links
I would generally avoid them.

I would also advise that a gas engineer is engaged to fit any new PCB as it has gas settings which need to be correctly set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back