Another Vaillant F62/F27 query - advise please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have about 7-8 year old Vaillant Ecotec plus 831 R1 Combi boiler which has been running fine for last 5 years since I moved in (only threw F75 once couple of years ago).

Two weeks ago it showed F62 error code which on resetting changed to F27 and on second resetting disappeared. The same thing repeated after about 5 days. Had to switch off the boiler a week ago as was going away. After restarting yesterday, it showed F27 error direct on hot water demand (no F62) and fault kept reappearing after resets. Tried the hair dryer trick (as mentioned in another thread) and it worked! Restarted after an hour, F27 reappeared and again reset didn't help. Removed fault code and left on overnight. Tried hot water demand again in the morning which showed F62 first this time followed by F27. After reset the boiler is working fine now with family taken shower etc.

There are no visual signs of issues with the PCB or elsewhere in the boiler except the AAV has dried out stains showing previous leak. Considering the hair dryer trick on PCB worked and the boiler is working now again, my money will be the faulty PCB (literally as well) as it would be a matter of time before it packs again.

Wondering what would be my best option from here. Shall I buy replacement Vaillant PCB online and get a Gas Engineer to change it or get the Engineer to diagnose it first or I shall go for a yearly plan and hope the boiler will survive any initial check and exclusion period or anything else.

Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back