Question about my Vaillant combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, new here.

I am a 'fridge engineer by trade and an amateur property developer, i.e spend years renovating wrecks and then not making any money on them! :D

I've got a Vaillant Ecomax combi boiler which trips out every so often (sometimes 3 times a week, sometimes once a month) and comes up with error code F62.

F62, according to the manual is 'an irrepairable electronics fault'.

If I kill the juice and turn it back on the fault disappears and the boiler fires fine.

Any clues??

Sponsored Links
F62 = Defective gas valve,defective PCB/electronic fault,leak in gas valve assembly.

There is no gas leak (checked with u-tube manometer).

This is obviously an intermittent fault, why would either a pcb or gas valve (solenoid I presume) intermittently play up?

I know that it is virtually unheard of for an electronic pcb to intermittently fault.

I am none the wiser!

There is no gas leak (checked with u-tube manometer).

I know that it is virtually unheard of for an electronic pcb to intermittently fault.

I am none the wiser!

Can you explain exactly how you checked the gas valve for a leak? ( not that that could have been your fault! )

You may not know about intermittent pcb faults but those who repair boilers for a living know differently!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I have a fridge in the garage which intermittently bleeps for no apparent reason.

I assume this is a PCB fault as the temperature remains OK. An intermittent PCB is not a rarity in any application, particularly an item that heats up and cools down regularly like a boiler.

When checking for a gas leak with your manometer, you are only checking as far as the supply side of the gas valve. Anything the burner side is not included in this check.

When checking for a gas leak with your manometer, you are only checking as far as the supply side of the gas valve. Anything the burner side is not included in this check.

Yes, never thought of that!

PCB sounds favourite at the mo.

Before of changing any PCB in that situation, I would be very carefully checking the gas combustion settings and devices.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back