Ecotec Pro 24 S.97 error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Boiler:- Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24

Thermostat:-Honeywell CM927 Wireless

I have a problem where the thermostat calls for heat but the boiler is often shutting off before it should do with the S.97 code (Water pressure sensor in the manual)

This is the same issue as a call out in March. The Sensor was changed around April this year to a new type by one of EON’s engineers and it cured the problem, but it seems to doing the same thing again.

An engineer came out today and had a look and recommended to my wife that a Powerflush would be required and there would be no point in changing the sensor again until then due to dirty water making the sensor malfunction. Now Eon quoted £400 for a powerflush, the install of all radiators and boiler were done in 2007 before we moved in, so impossible tell if one was done then.

Has anybody seen this error before and is he correct in what he is saying with regards to a poweflush? or does it appear to be a way to sell something that doesn't need doing.

Regards

Austin

Sponsored Links
That sensor can fail with even the tiniest amount of debris which I doubt a powerflush will fully remove. You'd probably be better off cleaning the sensor and fitting a Magnaclean or equivalent to the return.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back