Edge Board suggestions for underneath artificial grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing artificial grass, the edge will meet paving edges, however, I want to nail or pin it down on the edges so wondering what kind of board i can lay underneath around the edge to help me pin it to? treated would will eventually rot so dont think that is a good option, i was thinking maybe a composite decking board might be a good idea? any ideas or suggestions

Sponsored Links
If it abuts paving I would look to lay a bed of concrete or mortar and glue it down.

If it abuts paving I would look to lay a bed of concrete or mortar and glue it down.

I was thinking that too as concrete would be strongest but what kind of glue will bond well between the artificial turf and concrete

Sponsored Links
I'm also to embark on a artificial grass adventure. I'm going to enlarge the patio and make the grass area 4mtrs wide.
Is it wise to make it 3.95 mtrs and trim it in to size or make it 4mtrs wide?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back