Artificial Grass Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m laying artificial grass close to a fence that has concrete around the posts. I’m planning on putting a 4 inch timber edge board around the area to be grassed but the concrete will be in the way in the corners. What is the correct way of dealing with this?

What is the recommended depth to dig out? It will be used as a pet enclosure so won’t have a lot of heavy foot traffic. Also what is the best thing to use as the sub base? Can I just use sharp sand and a weed membrane?

Apologies for all of the questions, I’ve seen so many conflicting posts on this kind of thing and it’s confusing me!

Sponsored Links
You may have already been told this, but I always feel I have to say this at any post regarding artificial grass.

Don't do it!

What pet is being enclosed? If it's open to the air, real grass provides nesting material for birds, as well as food for them and other living things in the ecosystem. It also absorbs heat and generates oxygen. The benefits over a roll of plastic are endless.

I’m laying artificial grass close to a fence that has concrete around the posts. I’m planning on putting a 4 inch timber edge board around the area to be grassed but the concrete will be in the way in the corners. What is the correct way of dealing with this?

What is the recommended depth to dig out? It will be used as a pet enclosure so won’t have a lot of heavy foot traffic. Also what is the best thing to use as the sub base? Can I just use sharp sand and a weed membrane?

Apologies for all of the questions, I’ve seen so many conflicting posts on this kind of thing and it’s confusing me!
You have absolutely used the wrong forum for this question, all you will get on DIYnot is naysayers who hate artificial grass and consequently don't have a scooby how to actually install it.

And the longer we do it, the more people I hope we can put off installing the nasty stuff!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back