Edging a semi circle step

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm giving the conservatory a makeover, and am looking for ideas on how to edge a step.

I am going to get rid of the dodgy vinyl that's down at the moment and put down some laminate that I've removed from the dining room. The problem I have is that there is a semi circle step in the conservatory made of tiles/cement (see picture). It must have been the original back door step.

I was thinking I might laminate this as well to be in fitting with the rest of the floor. However I've no idea how I would edge the step after cutting the laminate to fit. Does anyone know of a suitable flexible edging product?

This is just one idea on what to do with this step. Another would be to paint it with masonry paint / floor paint.

Any other ideas on how to make this step feel more inkeeping with an internal room also welcome!

Cheers
Jon

Sponsored Links
The only way to do this is to take a template of the stair radius and make the timber nosing in sections, obviously it would only have to be square shaped not molded but you would never do it in one piece, either that or have a section of wood sent to you from bendywood.com this wood can be bent to any shape in one piece, a new invention but they are based in Italy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back