Edging floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tiled what used to be a dining room, and it goes into the hall, which is sanded wooden floors. How can I make a good edge between the wooden floor and the tiles in the next room, when I have already laid and grouted the tiles? The tiles are obviously slightly higher than the wooden floor.

Sponsored Links
I've got the same situation in my house between the tiled kitchen and the wooden floored hall. I just planed down a strip of hardwood to make a ramp between the two levels and screwed it down across the door threshold....

this is quite a hard one on a tile too hardwood floor , as with carpet too tile you can get a ply shim made under the carpet , here you will have to do as Mads has done an get a piece of hardwood an hope its not like a skateboard park .... :)

Sponsored Links
I just did this with laminate flooring in one room and tile to the foyer area and also lamiate flooring to linolium. They make trasitional pieces for the laminate flooring, T-moulding for areas that are equal height or reducer if you are going to a lower area. I suspect you could find some lamimate moulding strips to match your hardwood floors pretty well. Check out the laminate flooring section at your home improvement store.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back