edging tape

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i plan to attach some red gloss edging tape to the bare cuts on my kickboards and also to the face of a wall mounted wine rack in order to match it to the rest of the kitchen. can you tell me what is the best method to do this.
thanks.

Sponsored Links
if your wine rack is treated wood it will need rubbed down bare wood
use contact adhesive like evostick

the wine rack will be in a melamine finish so do i still need to rub it down and also the edging tape is 25mm wide but the thickness of my wine rack is only 18mm wide. How would you suggest i trim the excess?

I need to do exactly the same thing....

I think i read the instructions and they say use a sharp knife or chisel.

Would be interested for others experience doing this.

i plan to line up the straight edge to the outside of the cupboards, and cut on the inside where it wont be noticeable.

Sponsored Links
When the edging is wider I have always glued it on first lining up one edge so there's only one to trim. Then, once firmly stuck, I trim it. Use a stanley knife for the thinner edging (such as the iron-on stuff) or a hacksaw for the thicker such a worktop ends, always cutting towards the stuck down surface. You can then finish it with a very fine file to slightly chamfer the edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back