Effluent field drainage Pipe under my pool!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: Hi all.... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE can someone help me. We have just had our pool hole dug out as we are putting in a liner pool. under one small corner section of our (oval) pool we believe there is one of our effluent drains. The plastic drainage pipe was not dug up, but we can see the drainage metal/rocks. We are AT the level we want the pool now without disturbing the pipe at all but I wonder if we will need to redirect the drain pipe or can our pool be on top? Any thoughts you WONDERFUL plumber/drainlayers out there?

Sponsored Links
I dont see why the pool should not be on top.

But you do need to protect the pool liner from damage by the stones surrounding the effluent pipe.

I do boiler repairs and one common feature of Aussis/Kewis is that ( over here ) they hardly ever offer me any coffee during my visit.

I am probably more likely to be offered coffee by Somalis!

Tony

And at the end of the job I would sit down and have a beer with you!. Thanks for your prompt reply. I don't see why either, but I just wanted to be sure. I could of course place a ground treated timber board over the small section of pipe and then add a layer of dirt - I do of course nee to add 10cm of compacted sand around the base BEFORE the liner gets laid. Anyone else want to offer advice. I don't want to have to move the drainage pipe, but worried there might be other implications of having it under the pool. I am certianly not wanting to move the pool! Thanks, Carol-Lynn

Dont use wood but instead thick plastic sheet, ideally 1000 gauge as used for damp proof courses. Perhaps doubled.

Then cover with soft sand.

I cannot have alcoholic drinks until I have finished all boiler repairs for the day as I usually have to work on electrically live equipment whilst diagnosing faults.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes we would have to wait until AFTER the job was complete for sure! That is a good idea about the plastic sheet. In the UK (where you are from?) does your local council inspect pool holes before pool construction? In NZ they do and I am worried they might ask us to move the drainage pipe. REALLY don't want to do that but would do that over moving the pool. I have uploaded a photo to my profile -Can you see it or do I post it here. I am new to this site.

Nice picture and lines! Very professional!

In the UK there is little Building control interest in pools if they are not close to a building or to be covered over!

Once you have the blinding sand on the base there will be no evidence of the drainage.

I thought you had realised, this is a UK site and we are in the UK ! ( Where most of you lot originated from! )

Tony

Hahaha - Thanks for your comments Tony. I think I might try and place the plastic over it and compact some clay dirt first then add the 10cm of compacted sand - I doubt anyone will notice and I serious doubt now that it will affect the effluent drainage either. I loved the UK - I spent years over there travelling about. Say Hi the the Queen! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back