Eggshell paint effect

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for the silly question......

How do you get the eggshell colour effect, i want to paint my doors this colour...

But, do you have to put 2 different colours on to get this effect, or is there actually a eggshell coloured paint :oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
I dont think there is a colour 'eggshell',( Unless its some new, and no ones told me) :rolleyes: Eggshell is the finish of paint.

You have your gloss which is very shiny, then you satinwood, which has a softer sheen, then there is eggshell which is a flat finish.

Is your doors already painted, or are they bare wood?

are you looking for a mottled or sponged paint effect?

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
are you looking for a mottled or sponged paint effect?

Don`t really know what you,mean :oops:

What I am looking for is like a whitey egg shell colour, if that makes sense....

Sorry to sound abrupt..but use white eggshell paint then.

Or satin...but thats a bit shinier

I dont think there is a colour 'eggshell',( Unless its some new, and no ones told me)

Yeh there is,,,you can also get free range colours too..which are the same as ordinary eggshell but have little bits of **** on them and they are twice the price!

you want a mottled effect :idea: you need an airbrush and mask off round the door ;) then spatter with a contrasting colour.....Guess who`s been on a Auto Custom Painting course ;) :LOL: OH, Yes.....I`m all arty now .......Faux paint effects @ exorbitant prices.....and Marble plastering too.......to follow :cool: :LOL: :LOL: Duckegg- a colour by Ferret+Balls :?:

you can do it with sponging, less equipment needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back