Eight British Soldiers Die In Afghanistan In One Day!

Should UK Troops Pull Out Of Afghanistan?

• Yes, Start Withdrawing Now

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • No, We Should Stay Whatever The Cost In Lives

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
Wotan if you think that nuking Japan was a crime would you be prepared now to die to bring back to life one of the people killed by these bombs. Do you consider that the life of one of the Allied servicemen saved by not having to invade Japan is worth less than the life of the people bombed. The one killed could have been your father or grandfather and you as a result wouldn't be here.

The reasons that we need to win in Afganistan are
1. Stop islamic fundementalists taking over the world, not just Afganistan/ Pakistan and setting humanity back several centuries. If you don't think that can happen look around you. By 2050 muslims are set to be a majority in this country as well as western europe. Presumably as these countries are 1 man 1 vote democracies then guess where the vote will be and what for.
2. Most of the worlds opium is grown in Afganistan. Its illegal use among western countries is bringing society in these places to its knees. Drug supply is controlled by organised crime, who can use the vast sums generated to corrupt and control at will. No one is safe from their activities or the fall out such as our streets being over run by gang culture. Which if you happen to get in the way leads to the death of innocents. The lad gunned down in the pub car park in liverpool is a prime example.
The only way to beat them militarly is to play them at their own game. Ambush them enroute to do their dirty deeds, more use of drones and aviation. Get off the roads and stop resupply by road convoy which presents large targets which have to be protected. More use of helicopters. The Russians would have beaten the Afghans by using these methods if the west hadn't supplied ground to air missiles and neutralised the Hind attack machines. Time to take the gloves off and get nasty. Stuff the chattering classes and the human rights mouthpieces, its a war, we need to win.

...The reasons that we need to win in Afganistan are...

1. Stop islamic fundementalists taking over the world,

Sadly a lot of the popularity of Isamic extremism is fuelled by anger at the oppression of Arabs and Muslims by the West, for example, supporting unpopular, undemocratic and oppressive regimes which provide oil, and US support for Israel despite occupation of invaded territories and, for example, collective punishment of Palestinians and economic warfare. I see no scope for removing anger and hatred by warfare, do you?

...2. Most of the worlds opium is grown in Afganistan. Its illegal use among western countries is bringing society in these places to its knees. Drug supply is controlled by organised crime, who can use the vast sums generated to corrupt and control at will...

It is highly questionable if the way to attack organised crime in Britain is by having a war in Afghan.

For example, if we made heroin available on prescription to known addicts, under controlled conditions, they would not have to steal to fund their habit, and the profits of the illegal drug dealers would dry up.

Personally, I am not in favour of the use of harmful recreational drugs (BTW I am not in favour of gambling or smoking either) but if it is going to happen, why do we want it to be under conditions that encourage crime?

Yep all for it, legalise drugs and whilst we're at this legalise prostitution as well. Get rid of the crime associated with the supply of both these commodities. I'd weigh this off against a free national i.d card with the fact that you're a druggie thereon and thus you're restricted on what employment is available. I don't personally like the idea of my bus driver or pilot being a crack head.
Its hard for someone to have hatred or anger if they are dead. I'd sooner they were killed in Afganistan than have more bombs in this country. If the muslims here have such a rage against the west and its ideals they are free to move back from whence they or their immediate family originated from. They wouldn't be missed.
If the people who rage against Israels blockade of the palestinians would also care to address the issue that the other currently closed border is that with Egypt, who last time i looked were somewhat arab. I'd be aggrieved if a load of terrorists kept firing rockets into my backyard and want to do something about it. The palestinians say they are so short of everything yet they still seem to have the resources to buy weapons. They make the choice, use the cash for guns or medicine, up to them. I also believe that the so called occupied territories are in fact under Israeli management as a result of being attacked on several occasions by its peace loving arab neighbours, who are much better at flag burning, shouting and posing in the street than they are at fighting wars.
I can't see that we are ,by being in Afganistan, supporting that well known democratic, freedom loving, non oppressive, balanced regime the taliban in its objectives. I would have thought muslims every where would have rejoiced at the prospect of a democratic government taking over. Except they don't really want that. You'd be letting girls go to school next or females go out without wearing a tent.

Sponsored Links
Wotan if you think that nuking Japan was a crime would you be prepared now to die to bring back to life one of the people killed by these bombs. Do you consider that the life of one of the Allied servicemen saved by not having to invade Japan is worth less than the life of the people bombed. The one killed could have been your father or grandfather and you as a result wouldn't be here.

I doubt if his father or grandfather would have been fighting. Wotan is obviously a conchie, and probably comes from a long line of them!

Yep all for it, legalise drugs and whilst we're at this legalise prostitution as well. Get rid of the crime associated with the supply of both these commodities. I'd weigh this off against a free national i.d card with the fact that you're a druggie thereon and thus you're restricted on what employment is available. I don't personally like the idea of my bus driver or pilot being a crack head.
Its hard for someone to have hatred or anger if they are dead. I'd sooner they were killed in Afganistan than have more bombs in this country. If the muslims here have such a rage against the west and its ideals they are free to move back from whence they or their immediate family originated from. They wouldn't be missed.
If the people who rage against Israels blockade of the palestinians would also care to address the issue that the other currently closed border is that with Egypt, who last time i looked were somewhat arab. I'd be aggrieved if a load of terrorists kept firing rockets into my backyard and want to do something about it. The palestinians say they are so short of everything yet they still seem to have the resources to buy weapons. They make the choice, use the cash for guns or medicine, up to them. I also believe that the so called occupied territories are in fact under Israeli management as a result of being attacked on several occasions by its peace loving arab neighbours, who are much better at flag burning, shouting and posing in the street than they are at fighting wars.
I can't see that we are ,by being in Afganistan, supporting that well known democratic, freedom loving, non oppressive, balanced regime the taliban in its objectives. I would have thought muslims every where would have rejoiced at the prospect of a democratic government taking over. Except they don't really want that. You'd be letting girls go to school next or females go out without wearing a tent.
The Zionists built their state on the land they stole from the Palestsinian people, the palestinians quite rightly want their lands back, the Zionists supported by the Yanks refuse to give the palestinians their land back that is why there is war in the region.

Back