Eight British Soldiers Die In Afghanistan In One Day!

Should UK Troops Pull Out Of Afghanistan?

• Yes, Start Withdrawing Now

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • No, We Should Stay Whatever The Cost In Lives

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it time to pull out of Afghanistan? The Ruskies got their butts kicked there, with 10 times the troop numbers that the allies have deployed.

The government spouts rubbish about bringing democracy to Afhganistan. They have no history of democracy there, so they are wasting their time. They also drone on about 'winning hearts and minds', and the fact that since we invaded, five times the number of girls now go to school.

Even if this were true, do we really want to sacrifice hundreds of our finest young men so that Afghans can have democracy (although not really achieveable), and their kids can go to school?

As for the Al Queda argument, well they have departed to the mountainous Pakistani border area.

Sponsored Links
Bush, Blair and Brown will go down in history as lying incompetents, who played politics with peoples lives.

They are leaving Iraq in a far worse state than when they first invaded, and they will do the same in Afghanistan.

I say pull the troops out and ****ing nuke the place. Problem solved; simples.

Sponsored Links
Pull them out and let them police the streets here.
Any foreigner holding 'anti British' protests and burning the Union Flag, forget sending in the ineffective coppers, and send in the Army armed and ready to shoot the protesters.
Just might get our country back in our control.

As far as I can see, it is not a winnable war.

Who are we fighting? people who don't like foreign soldiers in their country, and who have a gun

Kill one of them, and you've made enemies out of his father/sons/brothers/uncles/cousins/friends/neighbours who also have guns.

We are not fighting an army that can be defeated. We are liable to end up like the US in VietNam or the Soviets in Afgan. Waste years, billions of dollars, thousands of lives, and pull out defeated.

If we can't win it, the sooner we get out the better. What did we go in for?

We, no-one, will ever defeat that radical religious fundamentalism with a normal war. The only way would be to kill every single person who has those views, and that will not happen.

The west must stop these wars, withdraw troops and be seen to not be meddling, and there has to be some dialogue with the people who can influence these muslim radicals.

We will have to accept these radicals and let them have a country or two to live in and just try and contain and educate over many years. We leave them alone, they leave us alone

But it is interesting to note that all of the current world problems are no-longer east v west, capitalism v communism, but are Islam v the rest.

Not all Muslims are terrorists.

But it has to be said that 99% of all terrorists at this time are Muslims!

A whole area of Liverpool was cordoned off today because some scumbags on motorbikes took four potshots at a 65 year old man who'd tried to clear them away from a carpark. Luckily enough he only had minor injuries, but there seems to be a situation developing where scumbag kids are patrolling this country with guns and shooting at innocent people, while decent kids are sent out to sh1tholes like afghanistan and coming back in body bags. Why not bring the army lads back and let them round up all the would be gangsters and send them over there. Then they get to shoot at the taliban and we get safer streets.

So what if Afghan terrorists get their hands on short range nuclear weapons.

Neighbouring countries are the ones to deal with the threat not the UK thousands of miles away. :rolleyes:

I say pull the troops out and **** nuke the place. Problem solved; simples.

all that would do is push the problem into pakistan, where they recieve as much support as they can handle.

until pakistan lives up to its commitments and routes out this evil then the world will allways be threatened by this radical islamic scourge.

So what if Afghan terrorists get their hands on short range nuclear weapons.
Neighbouring countries are the ones to deal with the threat not the UK thousands of miles away.

Get off your rocking horse norcon. Where have i said I agree with sending troops to that sh1t hole.

The question was why send troops there.

My reply was what was said yesterday.

So in future keep your :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: to yourself, and get your facts right.

Sponsored Links
Back