Elec Shower Poor Flow.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought house , shower fitted is electric 9.5kw Gainsborough 2000x so a few years old I thinks.
The flow from it is not that greta sadly . Having just ripped out the bathroom I see that the shower is fed from a pipe that comes down the far end of the bathroom through a boxed in section , then runs along the floor about 3 mtrs and then up about 5 ft to the shower.
I realise this is not best but to run a pipe straight down from the cold tank in the attic would involve a lot . Would it be worth buying a "Pumped Electric Shower" ? Would this improve the flow much or is the best option to rip the house apart n run a pipe supply "down" to the shower.? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bought house , shower fitted is electric 9.5kw Gainsborough 2000x so a few years old I thinks.
The flow from it is not that greta sadly . Having just ripped out the bathroom I see that the shower is fed from a pipe that comes down the far end of the bathroom through a boxed in section , then runs along the floor about 3 mtrs and then up about 5 ft to the shower.
I realise this is not best but to run a pipe straight down from the cold tank in the attic would involve a lot . Would it be worth buying a "Pumped Electric Shower" ? Would this improve the flow much or is the best option to rip the house apart n run a pipe supply "down" to the shower.? Thanks

The elec shower should be fed from the mains anyway. 9.5kW is never going to give you a great flow.

You could either buy a power shower or an external pump with an additional thermostatic shower mixer. Both will require additional pipework - needing dedicated feeds from both the hot water cylinder and cold water tank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back