Electric central heating control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I have Dimplex MK1 oil filled radiators around the house ranging from 750watt to 2kw, at the moment they are controlled by mechanical timers hard wired or plug in timers. I'm looking to automate the timers, I know you can get remote controlled plug-in switches - ideal for sockets behind the TV, but what i am looking for is more a wireless central timer (master) and wireless slave switches (suitable to be hard wired onto a pattress box).

Ideally I'd like to "zone" the heating so circuit "A" can be programmed to come on and off independently to circuit "B" etc. I know dimplex do a similar system using a "pilot wire" but I'm not in a position to rewire so I'm hoping for a "wireless" system that can be rewired in series.

I have seem similar on ebay but they are only designed for low current devices such as lighting or radios etc but I would need to be able to switch loads of around 2Kw.

Sponsored Links
Personally I would hardwire the heaters and control them using relays.

However, if you really want wireless, there are lots of home automation websites that will provide things that you could use such as replacement 13A sockets that can be remotely switched by wireless devices, or 16A relays that can be connected to lower rated switching devices. If you 'Google' automation at home, you should be able to find something.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your info... Didn't see the Dimplex DX RF07T.

many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back