Electric cooker no longer works :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a little problem regarding my electric cooker (flavel milano e60 is the brand!) it was fitted in January of this year, been working fine ever since until about a week ago when i had spent a day cooking a large family meal (all 4 hobs used as well as the fan oven) the following day i went to use the oven and all the electric in my flat went off.

I turnt it all back on via the main switch board, but now my cooker doesn't work at all! i looked at the back of the cooker and noticed that the plastic cover for the wires is all melted so i gather this is the reason it has stopped! could my day of cooking have broke my cooker or was it faulty wiring? i have the engineer coming over tomorrow, but i am scared they are going to charge me for something i cannot afford either a new cooker nor a engineer to fix it (still under warranty, but i don't have a certificate to prove who fitted it!)

any help will be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
you cooked it, although a poor connection could have caused the melting, without seeing it, there's no way of saying for sure.... see what the engineer comes up with and post back here.

The instruction booklet may say you can only use 'Full Power' for a limited length of time and you may have over run this time. However, if this is the case it should be written in large bold writing not hidden in the General Instructions.

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for the reply s, i am going no where near the cooker until the engineer has been, it was scary to see all that fried plastic at the back!

i also has a quick glance through my manual, it doesn't say anything about a prolonged period of time, but it does have a pipe (gas one which the cooker goes right up to at the top! did ask an electrician if it was safe!) right behind it which could have possibly blocked the ventilation as such? i am just worried i wont have a cooker from tomorrow and with no money spare (job interview friday though! yay) i am worried about i am going to feed me children! it was hard enough this week trying to find microwave meals for us to enjoy! lol will i need a whole new cooker do you reckon if the wires have fried at the back?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back